Terms and Conditions
1. ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Upon booking we will require your deposit of £495.00 per person. Receipt of the deposit will act as confirmation of your booking.
16 weeks prior to the event – £500
8 weeks prior to the event – £600
If payment is not received within 7 days of payment due date then your place on the ride will be cancelled.
2. Where a booking is made within 16 weeks of departure then £995 becomes due immediately, and where a booking is made within 8 weeks of departure the total tour cost of £1595.00 becomes due immediately.
3. If you wish to withdraw your tour we require written notification via recorded delivery to;-Pedal The Pyrenees St Anns Main Road Cardross G82 5JX
4. Every effort will be made to operate the tour as advertised but we reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or cancel the tour at any time up to twelve weeks before departure. In the case of any material modification or of cancellation on our part, we will, if possible, offer alternative arrangements.
5. Occasions arise when we cannot follow our advertised itineraries and/or cannot maintain our advertised schedules. Our itineraries and schedules are put forward as a statement of intention only, not as representatives or undertakings that they will be carried out. If any additional expenses are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of planned itineraries beyond our control, e.g. war, riots, strikes, Acts of God, etc, such expenses will be borne by the client.
6. We guarantee that the price of your tour will not be subject to alteration or surcharges once a booking has been confirmed. All prices are fixed in GBP.
7. The minimum age to take part in the ride is 18 (on the Saturday that the ride starts).
1. As a visitor to France you are required to hold a current passport. Should you be travelling from outside the EU countries, you should check whether you may also require a visa.
2. Should you have a complaint while on the tour, you should notify the Tour Leader at the time, to enable it to be put right immediately. If the matter is not resolved, the complaint should be made in writing within 28 days and addressed to our office.
3. You need to travel light – all of your clothing for the week should be in one small suitcase or bag. Apart from cycle clothing and equipment you will only need some clothing for the evenings.
4. You need to have your own travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance at the time of booking and include Holiday Protection Cover in your policy. It is also recommended that you get an EHIC Card (if available) before you leave.
5. Everyone going on the tour must provide the following information before we leave –
Any medical conditions that you suffer from e.g. diabetes, allergy to penicillin etc. If you need medical assistance during the event this could be a matter of life and death
Emergency Contact details
Contact numbers – home and mobile
Relationship to you
6. You should have your bike fully serviced before we leave (including new brake blocks!)
7. A bike helmet is compulsory. If you ride without a helmet at any point on any of the stages you will be removed from the ride immediately and any costs incurred from that point will be at your own expense.
8. You need to be entirely self-sufficient on the bike each day. Whilst we do have support vehicles you cannot rely on them to be where you want them to be or when you want them to be. This means that you need to be able to carry everything that you will need each day (aside from the obvious helmet, gloves, sun glasses, shoes)
- Arm and leg warmers
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof overshoes
- Spare innertubes
- Puncture repair kit
- Means of tyre inflation
- Sun cream
- Nutrition (gels, powders, tablets, bars)
- Map of the stage
- Contact details for the cars, other riders, hotel etc
9. Other equipment that you should bring that will go in the cars –
- Spare tyres (essential)
- Spare tubes (essential)
- Spare cleats (essential)
- Lightweight mudguards (if you have them)
- Recovery drinks
- Nutrition bars
10. High 5 carbohydrate drink and gels will be provided for your use each day whilst riding.
11. Track pumps will be available in the cars
12. Do not drop any litter whilst you are riding. Used gel sachets etc must be kept in your pockets not tossed to the side of the road
13. One car will travel in front of the ride each day and one car will travel behind. We will get strung out on the climbs but there should be a car relatively near to you if required in an emergency.
14. The cars will carry water to re-fill bottles and will meet us at strategic points each day. Lunch will also be carried in the cars each day (bread, cheese, ham, pastries etc). Again, remember, you cannot rely 100% on the cars being there.
15. Each car will carry a First Aid Kit. It is there for you to self-administer any first aid that you may need.
16. We will have 2 spare bikes with us to be used in an emergency. In the event of a serious mechanical problem with your bike we will endeavour to find a bike shop but again this can’t be relied upon. Also we cannot accommodate bike boxes or bike bags in the vehicles. We recommend you use our Bike Transfer Service which costs £100.
17. You need to check your bike at the start of each day. You should check the tyres for any signs of damage. You do not want a tyre to blow on a descent at speed.
18. There will be a riding briefing before we set off so that you understand what is expected of you so that we all ride safely and keep each other safe as well.
19. A masseur will be available each day for a post-ride massage. This will be an inter-event massage and is not a sports massage to deal specifically with injuries. You cannot rely on a massage each day but once every couple of days should be expected.
20. Accommodation is in twin rooms. They should all be en-suite. We will have breakfast each morning in the hotels and a meal there in the evenings.
21. For lunch there will be a buffet (bread, cheese, ham, salad, couscous, pastries etc) which our Support Crew will have with them and meet with us at a pre-arranged point each day.
22. Lunch on the final day in Collioure is not provided. We will eat together at a local restaurant next to the beach.